Production Explorer Application
What is the Production Explorer?
This application analyzes the Rangeland Analysis Platform's 16-day rangeland production data and is designed to assist with the assessment of current and historic departures from the long-term average and for assessing stocking rates.
RAP should not be used in isolation. Such analyses should be conducted with information specific to the area under investigation. This application is preliminary and is subject to change.
Getting started with the Production Explorer
- Define a start and end year for calculating the long-term average
- Back in the Production Explorer, define your start and end year for the long-term average.
- In most situations, the default twenty-year period from 2001–2020 will be suitable. However, we provide you with the flexibility to define the long-term period however you like.
Note: The years that you select must be between 1986–2020.
- Upload a Shapefile OR RAP 16-day biomass CSV
- Video explanation of uploading a shapefile and using the Production Explorer
Video explanation of uploading a RAP 16-day biomass CSV and using the Production Explorer
- Click on the "Current production", "Historical production", and "Stocking rate" tabs to explore the data
- The current tab provides a near-real-time assessment of the current year's production relative to the long-term average. The historic tab provides information about past years relative to the long-term average. The Stocking Rate tab estimates stocking rates for the entire period selected by the user.